Friday, September 11, 2009

"And in the fall I'll be running away to Tanzania..."


Well... YUP! I'm leaving for Arusha, Tanzania in about 20 minutes. My flight leaves at 7:05pm and I'll get there tomorrow. So as you might guess... I don't have much time to write at the moment!



  


I'm spending 10 weeks in Tanzania interning through the Global Service Corps (www.globalservicecorps.org) I'll spend a week in orientation, a month living in a tent for a sustainable agriculture program, a month living in a homestay for an HIV prevention program, and about a week traveling on my own at the end.




This isn't about school credit. This is about getting away from classrooms, and getting down and dirty with a real introduction to public health. I'll try to update this blog as much as possible and I'll be thinking of all of the loves I've left behind while I'm there. If you want to send me a letter I promise you'll get one back!




Danielle Jenkins
Global Service Corps
Plot #4 Sekei East of Golf Course
P.O. Box 16338
Arusha, Tanzania


I'm a little nervous, very excited, and on my way out the door! Oh so much love to all of you!!!

1 comment:

  1. o.m.g.
    i am so excited for you! have a wonderful and eye-opening and inspiring time, my love. i know you will make all that you can out of this.
    i hope to follow your journey via this-and of course finding some way to talk to you :) expect a letter at some point...but you know my procrastination skills :)
    i love you and miss you xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete